It’s just 9:30 in the morning, and already I’m laughing hysterically, because if I don’t laugh, I’m going to cry. 🤡 (That’s my going insane face.)
- I walk into work, and my computer won’t load properly. Turns out the company is having intranet issues.
- When it loads, the first email I read is from someone who is “balistic” and “demands” a callback. Here’s the funny bit: I didn’t process this request. I helped a co-worker of his last month, and apparently, I’m now the “go-to-gal” for them. Doubly funny, he’s furious because he “can’t” do something. But after looking at his profile, it’s not that he can’t, it’s that he doesn’t know how.
Moving on… 🙂🙃🙂
- I get a voice mail from a colleague asking for the status of a request. I’m confused. The ticket was submitted yesterday afternoon. This will take at least a couple of days. Why are you calling me?! I email her and tell her it’s in progress. Her reply is, “Call me.” Fine. I call her but I’m not warm and fuzzy. My tone is clearly one of annoyance. She says she wants to know how the implementation is going. She keeps talking about nonsense and I interrupted her and said, “There is no setup. The description says ‘remove’.” At this point, she asks me what the request is about and I dance around the answer. Go look at the request, asshole. Why are you wasting my time when you should be looking there first to begin with?! You’ve been told to go there several times. 😠😡
- Now, I should care that my manager is right behind me and can clearly hear the tone of “fuck off” in my voice but I don’t care and pretty much say it without using the words. “The request is for the delete. Have a nice day.” And then I hang up on her while she echoes my pleasantry. 😤
- My next issue is an internal error. Our operations group closed a request without processing it completely. Good times. 😑
Can I go home now? Seriously…
- The next one is a “I can’t find this.” I’d like to reply with, That’s because you’re a dumb fuck. But since that’ll get me fired, I’ll just say, “Look here.”
Now, you might be wondering what this has to do with being poly. Nothing really, I just wanted to vent. But since I’m here, let’s chat about poly life.
You know how someone you love comes home all angry and testy and you want to love them with a pillow until they pass out? Yeah… that’s twice as bad when you have a third (or more). So, be prepared to soothe and help multiple people get through tough times. Most of the time, you’ll get lucky and only one of them will have issues at a time. Sometimes, it’s a two against one, though, and you’re stuck wondering how you’re going to help two people who are having “challenges.” That’s the nice way of saying, They’re going bat shit crazy! 👿💩😈
Okay, since I’m literally writing this while at work, I should go back to it. I may not like my job, but I do need it.