Hi there, Catie here! I have to apologize for the billionth time about the lack of posts from us. In the beginning we were so organized with topics and time frames.
And then we got to the end of what we had planned and blogging kept getting put on the back burner and then we honestly forgot sometimes. Then Lena and I will look at each other and say “Hey have you posted lately?”
While Paul looks at us like this:
It’s really pretty funny to watch. But oddly enough that’s not what happened this time. This time my horoscope told me I should write on social media (not kidding) so I decided we should put a “Five On Friday” blog post up. Pick 5 random questions and answer them. It’s that easy.
So My Five on Friday:
- Listening to lately? – Mostly my Pandora thumbs up playlist (lots of Counting Crows and DMB) but I’ve found myself listening to the “Top 20 Rolling Stones Songs” playlist more than once over the past week. Also, more Podcasts than I can mention here. Top 3: Underwater Sunshine, Matt and Doree’s Eggcellent Adventure and The Vanished Pod.
- Reading/watching? – I just finished reading Daughters of the Night Sky by Aimie Runyan. Excellent book, go read it. As far as watching goes, just my usual favorites: Bobs Burgers, Futurama, random stand up specials on Netflix and Last Week Tonight.
- Looking forward to anything? – Time off work! I have a bunch of days scheduled starting with a 1/2 day tomorrow, the Tuesday after the holiday and this coming Friday off. We’re going to see Slayer and then stay overnight in CT. That should be fun.
- Anything exciting happen lately? – For me? No, I’m generally pretty dull. Lena might have some news though.
- Favorite food this week? – Lately I’ve been loving maple walnut ice cream. But I could always eat some ramen…
Hi guys! My corner of the world has been pretty busy. First, I’m working on a new contemporary romance series. Two chapters down, many more to go. Secondly, I’ve had a bit of work for my writer’s group. We have a special speaker coming on June 2nd and non-members are welcome to come, but they have to pay. As the treasurer, I have a bit of tracking to do. It’ll be worth it.
But these five questions seem interesting. So, here we go:
- Listening to lately? – Music wise, not much. But I “listen” to a lot of HGTV. It’s mostly background noise while I work.
- Reading/watching? – Does my own story count? I read it as I write it? Unfortunately, I’ve been too busy to read anything else…
- Looking forward to anything? – Yes! For one, the special speaker event. Three different workshops on writing. I’ve never seen him speak but I’ve heard he’s incredibly dynamic. It’ll be a lot of fun. I also have a couple of upcoming book signing events. It makes me feel like an “official” author, with published work. 😉
- Anything exciting happen lately? – Yes! My first book made it up to #42 in Amazon’s rating for Contemporary Romance (eBook version). Yeah, you bet I was doing a happy dance.
- Favorite food this week? – OOOOh, Catie’s lemon cookies, without a doubt. I can’t have just one. I take one and two others jump into my mouth. I try to fight it but… They’re so fucking delicious! Soooo soooo good.
In case you’re wondering about the rest of the family, not much has changed. Bina’s home more because her first year of college has ended. She’s not taking any summer classes, so she’ll be taking a few more hours at work, but she’s home a lot. T is still in school, Ri is still working his night shift, and Paul is still working late.
So much for an exciting poly-life.
PS. Bailey is also doing very well. Happy and healthy puppy. 😊